In-Kind Donation Needs
Thank you for wanting to support our men! Our guests have a variety of needs and we ask that you read the information below before dropping off donations.
All on-site volunteer opportunities are temporarily suspended. Please continue to check back for additional updates on volunteering.
We currently have multiple off-site volunteer opportunities available and our need is great! Find opportunities and sign up here (note, you will be redirected to an Urban Ministry Center webpage until our new website is up and running!)
If you are thinking about organizing a donation drive, food donation, and/or before dropping off donations, please email our Volunteer Team for guidance!
Please note that we are unable to accept/distribute:
- Gently used clothing or shoes.
- New clothing items outside of the items outlined below (new underwear and new undershirts).
- Pre-packed hygiene or blessing bags. If you are interested in assembling bags, consider an Intake Kit for New Shelter Guests (see below).
Our Highest Demand Items are below. We’d love if you can deliver the items, sorted and organized. Thank you!
- Rain ponchos
- NEW undershirts (sizes M-4XL)
- NEW boxer briefs (sizes M-4XL)
- Travel size shaving cream and disposable razors
- Body wash
Intake Kits for New Shelter Guests
Looking for a great way to engage the community in a collection drive? Consider assembling 15 or more Intake Bags for new guests experiencing homelessness in our shelter. In each drawstring bag, please place:
- NEW pillow and pillowcase
- Key lock for their locker
- NEW twin blanket
- NEW bath towel and washcloth
- NEW shower shoes (flip flops sizes 9-13)
Order items through our Amazon Wish List to donate and have items delivered to us with just one click!
Our meals for the 410 guests who are sheltered with us nightly are planned a week in advance. Consider these opportunities for donating.
- General Food Donations: If you are considering a food donation outside of providing a full meal for our guests, we encourage you to contact us.
- We’re unable to accept “leftovers”/un-packaged food.
- We do not allow distributing of food on our property, unless it is part of a meal and coordinated with our Volunteer Team.
- For scheduled and approved food drop-offs, we ask that the delivery be made between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily.