It’s hard to get through the day when you’re experiencing homelessness, and it’s even harder to do so when you are hungry. Join our meal brigade and bring and/or serve a meal for our shelter guests! This is a great group opportunity for 6-8 individuals!
As meal service is intended for groups, individuals need to email us at: Volunteers@MensShelterofCharlotte.org.
Three ways you can help!
- Bring food and serve
- Bring food “ready-to-serve” OR bring all the ingredients and supplies to prepare on-site in our kitchen. If you bring a pork dish, please also supply a non-pork option.
- Be prepared to provide for:
- TRYON: 200 guests.
- STATESVILLE: 170 guests.
- The Statesville Avenue Shelter does not have a kitchen. Food for Statesville must be “ready-to-serve.”
- Serve a meal that our shelter has prepared.
- Financially Sponsor
- We are grateful to groups that sponsor a meal at $500.
- Our culinary team can purchase the food and you can help with the menu.
A Note on Bag Lunches
- Deliver 175 already assembled bag lunches by 11:30 a.m. to our North Tryon Street shelter.
- 350 sandwiches total — 2 sandwiches per bag. Please no ham or pork. (Suggestions: chicken salad, egg salad, turkey & cheese, PB&J, roast beef, etc.).
- Individual packets of condiments are appreciated, but please no mayonnaise or mustard on the sandwiches.
- Include sides like chips and fruit (preferably a soft fruit) as well as a dessert.
- If possible, bring bottles of water (but do not place in bags).
- Lunches distributed from 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Breakfast Monday – Friday 5:30am-7:00am (Saturday-Sunday, 6:30am – 8:00am)
- Lunch: 11:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner: 5:30pm-7:00pm
1210 North Tryon Street or 3410 Statesville Avenue (28206).
Some Additional Information
- We recommend 12 years of age and older. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Respect for guests experiencing homelessness.
- Enjoy working with diversity of people.
- Ability to stand for periods of time.
Scheduling Your Time
You are now ready to sign up for time slots here!
For further questions, email our Volunteer team!