It’s hard to get through the day when you’re experiencing homelessness, and it’s even harder to do so when you are hungry. Join our meal brigade and bring and/or serve a meal for our shelter guests! This opportunity is for groups of 4-8 people.
Three ways you can help!
- Bring food and serve
- Bring food “ready-to-serve” OR bring all the ingredients and supplies to prepare on-site in our kitchen. If you bring a pork dish, please also supply a non-pork option.
- Be prepared to provide for:
- TRYON: 200 guests.
- STATESVILLE: 170 guests.
- The Statesville Avenue Shelter does not have a kitchen. Food for Statesville must be “ready-to-serve.”
- Serve-only (Available Monday-Friday only. Weekend groups must bring food or financially sponsor).
- Serve a meal that our shelter has prepared.
- Financially Sponsor
- We are grateful to groups that sponsor a meal at $500.
- Our culinary team can purchase the food and you can help with the menu.
- Breakfast Monday – Friday 5:30am-7:00am (Saturday-Sunday, 6:30am – 8:00am)
- Lunch: 11:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner: 5:30pm-7:00pm
1210 North Tryon Street or 3410 Statesville Avenue (28206).
Some Additional Information
- Meal service is a group opportunity for groups of 4 or more people.
- Groups that volunteer for meal brigade on weekends must either bring food with them or financially sponsor. Serve-Only groups are scheduled Monday-Friday.
- We recommend 12 years of age and older. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Respect for guests experiencing homelessness.
- Enjoy working with diversity of people.
- Ability to stand for periods of time.