Housing and Employment Resource Center
If you are seeking an experience that’s relational with our guests AND hits at the heart of our programs to help guests build income and connect to housing, the Housing and Employment Resource Center (HERC) Navigator might be the place for you. You will be stationed in the Tryon Shelter’s HERC Room where you will provide nurturing support, guidance, and direction for guests seeking assistance around employment, housing, and connecting to community resources.
Opportunities to Help!
- Greet guests as they enter the HERC and introduce yourself as a volunteer.
- Help guests search for employment and housing opportunities.
- Help guests develop resumes and cover letters.
- Help guests create email accounts and navigate computer basics (typing, saving documents, etc.).
- Help connect guests to community supports such as bus routes, food pantries, or other nonprofits.
- 2 hour shift 1x/week or 2 hour shift every other week. We ask for at least a 6 month commitment.
- 1210 North Tryon Street | Charlotte, NC 28206
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Respect for guests experiencing homelessness.
- Enjoy working with diversity of people.
- Ability to communicate appropriate with guests.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- “Real world” and life experience.