Front Desk Ambassador
If you are seeking a deeper front desk opportunity, the Front Desk Ambassador is right for you! You will be the first person greeting shelter guests, volunteers, and visitors. Centrally located, you will be in prime position to welcome individuals to the shelter, answer the phone, assist with guest questions, and provide critical administrative support to shelter staff.
Opportunities to Help!
- Greets guests and visitors.
- Answers and directs incoming calls.
- Retrieves and distributes phone messages.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Directs visitors to the appropriate staff member for meetings and deliveries.
- Maintains daily logs & sign-up sheets for:
- Laundry signup sheet
- Guest sign in and sign out sheet
- Admission sign up/intake log
- Coordinated Entry sign-up sheet
- Nurse appointment sign-up sheet
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Morning, afternoon, and evening available.
- Email our Volunteer Team to specifics on scheduling.
- 1210 North Tryon Street
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Requires standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Respect for guests experiencing homelessness.
- Enjoy working with diversity of people.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with guests.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Training will be provided by the Volunteer Specialist.
- Attend periodic in-house trainings as appropriate.