Driving Opportunity Corps
The Driving Opportunity Corps volunteer helps connect guests to critical supportive resources and partnerships by providing safe and reliable van transportation. If you are dependable, great with people, and want to be one of the “moving pieces” to help end homelessness for our guests, this opportunity is for you!
Opportunities to Help!
- Communicate with the Director of Employment for instructions for guest transport and daily routes.
- Escort clients in and out of the vehicle and ensure seat belts are fastened.
- Keep daily log of guests that are dropped off at each location.
- Provide friendly conversation with guests during ride.
- Able to navigate city traffic and multiple trips in a relaxed but efficient manner.
- Reliable, flexible, and able to deal with city traffic and multiple trips in a relaxed but efficient manner.
- Log and distribute bus passes to the guests.
Monday – Thursday | 8:30am-12:00pm
Please note that this is a long-term volunteer commitment.
1210 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206
- Must be mature, dependable and 25 years of age or older.
- Exercise sound judgement at all times.
- Valid drivers’ license and acceptable driving record. Notify the Volunteer Specialist of any changes to your driving record.
- Complete a training session with the Volunteer Specialist or lead volunteer and attend ongoing trainings as appropriate.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be physically able to assist guests, fold walkers and wheelchairs and place in the van.