If you’re seeking an opportunity to meet and talk with our shelter guests, the Check-In Ambassador position might be right for you. Stationed at the shelter’s front desk, you will be greeting guests and making sure they are checked into the shelter for the night.
Opportunities to Help!
- Greet guests.
- Confirm guests have a shelter bed.
- Scan guest card or enter guest bed number into Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
4:30pm-6:30pm or 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- 1210 North Tryon Street and 3410 Statesville Avenue (28206)
- If you are a first time volunteer, please arrive 15 minutes before your shift.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Respect for guests experiencing homelessness.
- Enjoy working with diversity of people.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with guests.
- Proficiency using computers.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment with tolerance for an occasional tense situation.
Scheduling Your Time
- First, review our New Volunteer Guide for important information and reminders before volunteering.
- Next, review our Check-In Ambassador Guide for more specifics on the volunteer opportunity.
Now you are ready to sign up for time slots here!
For additional questions, email our Volunteer team.