6 for 2016
Happy New Year! After being on vacation for the past two weeks, returning to works feels a bit like I’ve jut been thrown into the deep end and told to swim. Even so, I wanted to take a few minutes today and share the following 6 Reasons Why MSC is Unique (in no particular order because they’re all equally important):
- ROI (return on investment) – one way MSC measures your support is by how many men move home … 1,500 and counting since 2012!
- No Labels – MSC wants to help all who are experiencing homelessness, regardless of whether that experience can be labelled chronic, situational, episodic, etc. We believe homelessness is an unfortunate experience and not a condition to be labeled.
- Equation – MSC continues to prove that the solution to homelessness comes through our Equation: Income + Housing + Support = Home.
- Anti-Shelter Emergency Shelter – contradictory sounding but MSC firmly believes there is too much reliance on emergency shelter as a de facto housing solution and not enough emphasis on the tools we use to solve homelessness including diversion, rapid rehousing, and housing first.
- Unlimited Chances – we learn through our mistakes and sometimes it takes multiple tries to get it right. MSC believes in holding people accountable for their actions, allowing them to make their own decisions, and always being there whenever someone is ready to try again.
- Transparency – just take a look at our quarterly community impact report to see where we’re doing well and where we need to improve.
Good thing I already know how to swim 🙂